I really hate those bullshit comments in which the commenter leaves his URL in the end, like “This is really cool site, plz visit my site again , http://djflewjwgjonl3r3.blogspot.com” and other blah! blah! blah! messages. These all are considered SPAM. So how we can reduce this thing in our blog.
If you are using a blogger blog then here is a simple method to reduce SPAM :
1. Just login to your Blogger Account on blogger.com and click on your blogs Settings.
2. Look for Comments Tab under settings page.
3. Under the Who can Comment Section choose Registered Users ( my recommendation ) or Users with Google Account . This will allow only those persons to comment who have accounts on Google, OpenID, Typepad, Wordpress, AIM and Live Journal. Now those Anonymous and unnamed guys to put those crappy comments. Therefore if a person wants to comment he/she should be a registered user of any of those platforms.
4. Now head to the comments moderation section and choose Always Ask option. Now whenever someone comments on a post you will be asked if the comment should be published or rejected. If non-member of your blog leaves a comment then the update will be sent to your email.
5. Scroll down and you will find Show word verfication for comments and choose yes.When someone comments a Random image with some words will be shown, if they are typed correctly only then the comment will be sent for moderation or posted.
6. Finally click on save settings and you are done.
You may find similar settings in other blogging platforms like Wordpress, Typepad and others.So from now on only publish the comments you feel are safe.
If you loved my post, then feel free to subscribe to my feed Click here!