These little but powerful tips can help your Weblog to load instantly & with maximum Compatibility with all the browsers. It discusses when to use GIF & JPEG image formats for the images which you use on your Website layout & Posts.
Use JPEG Formats :
- When uploading Photos , Wallpapers & sceneries.
- For applying Backgrounds of usually 1024 x 768 sizes.
- When you need high quality & don't care about the Loading time.
- When you need to make buttons & tabs with images.
- For images which contain many colors, as JPEG can store more than 16 million colors on one image.
Use GIF Formats:
- When you want upload those images which have only some lines & contain one color type within large area.
- You need to make Thumbnails, like avatars .
- For images with less colors, GIF can store only 256 colors.
- When you don't need quality in your images & wants them to be loaded as fast as possible.
- JPEG should be used when Quality matters for you.
- GIF should be used when you want web pages to load fast.